Epson Printer in Error State
Epson is a company that started its journey of quality and trusted several years back. Today, it is a manufacturer of several products, some of which are computers and printers. It is known to manufacture the best quality printers with the latest features and deadliest commands.
However, Epson also has some issues when it comes to printers which develop over time and are common in machines like these. It is completely natural for any machine to develop some technical problems over the course of time. As recorded, Epson printer users generally complain about the ‘Epson printer in error state’ issue, which can be easily handled if the person knows the right way to do so.
Some of us are usually reluctant to take our devices and printers to be taken care of, to some repair shop due to a lack of trust and a fear of spending time and money. This is the point where you must resolve things at your own level with the help of merely a few steps, which are extremely easy and do not require much computer knowledge. This also proves to be time-saving as well as less money, or maybe none is spent on any of these methods.
So moving forward, let us now discuss a few common reasons about how this ‘Epson printer in error state’ issue might have developed and also, the ‘Epson printer in error state, how to fix’ curiosity point.
Why is my Epson printer in an error state?
There can be innumerable reasons for the non-working of any device from minors to majors. Speaking of the ‘’Epson printer in error state’ issue, there are few common and widely discovered reasons which can undoubtedly be taken care of. Some of those issues are as listed below:
- Outdated or unsuitable software or drivers
- Insufficient power supply
- A Connected network might not be much strong
- An Issue with ink cartridges
- Insufficient number of paper in the printing tray
- Paper stuck in the printer head
Epson printer in error state. How to fix it?
You need not worry if your printer has the ‘Epson printer in error state’ issue and one or more of the reasons mentioned above are discovered behind the fault. Let us now look upon a few methods to fix this error without creating much of any hustle. Also, all the fixes can be carried out even by an unprofessional user who might have a bit or no knowledge of his computer and printer.
Fix 1: Troubleshoot the printer
- As the very basic step to matter what the problem is, you need to troubleshoot after you have tried turning off and on, both the printer and the device. For troubleshooting follow the below steps:
- Click on the windows button on your screen.
- Select ‘run’
- Search for ‘devices and printers’, and then click ‘ok’.
- From the list of connected printers on the screen window, select the Epson printer that you are using.
- You may now right click on the name of your printer and select the ‘troubleshoot’ option.
- Now wait for a few seconds or follow the onscreen instructions and the issue is solved.
Fix 2: Use genuine cartridges
Make sure that the ink cartridges being used in the printer are genuine and not dried up. Also make sure that the ink levels are sufficient to print. Epson printers do not work if some fake or lookalike cartridges are used in place of the original ones.
Fix 3: Secure and strong connections
- Check your device and router for any faulty connections.
- Also make sure to clean up all the devices and printers from time to time to avoid any dust particles that might stick to the printer or any of its internal parts and hamper the working.
- Avoid usage of any wire which might even have a slightest cut or fault.
- Make sure that the connections are not at all loose at any ends.
- Make sure that the power supply is uninterrupted.
Fix 4: Updating the outdated printer drivers
There might also be a chance that the software or the printer drivers which are presently installed are outdated and inappropriate for that specific model of device or printer.
Thus try and update the existing drivers or install new ones if needed.
To install the new printer drivers, you need to go to the Epson official website and search for latest drivers by entering the model number of your printer. From there, you may download the driver and install by clicking on ‘run’ on the popup menu that appears.
Finally, even if now, after trying all these methods, you are unable to get rid of your ‘Epson printer in error state’ issue, you need to go and get the issue resolved by an expert. You may contact the Epson professional executives through any of the contact details provided on the Epson official website.
Also Read: Epson printer goes offline